Letter to the Editor 9-3-09
Are You Smater than a Congressman?
Take this simple test. Maybe you could be smarter than a Congressman, especially in the North East or West Coast States, if you were to move there.
1. Would you read a bill, before voting for it?
2. Would you avail yourself or your staff to actually understand what you were voting on?
3. Would you care if it added trillions of dollars to our national debt, indebting future children and grandchildren of the citizens you represent?
4. Would you think about future negative consequences of the bill you were about to vote on?
5. Would you show leadership by putting yourself and your family under the same program you were voting for, I.E. Health Care Plan?
If you answered in the affirmative on any of these first four questions you could be smater than 50% of our current Congressmen. If you answered yes to question 5 you have more guts and integrity than most Congressmen. This country needs a serious recruting effort for next year's elections for Congress. American deserves a better effort from those we elect.
Joseph Ledbetter, Veteran, J.D.