Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Color Of His Skin Has Nothing To Do With It...

Okay, let’s see if I’ve got this right. Asking Obama about his refusal to wear an American flag on his lapel is really code for, “he’s black” and the only reason I bring it up is because I‘m a racist. You can say that I guess, but just because you do doesn’t make it so.
Maybe that issue’s important to some people, I don’t know. And I’m not going to sit here and claim that race isn’t an issue in this campaign. But just because someone questions his extreme left agenda doesn’t automatically mean they’re a racist. Do you really believe his ongoing crusade against “Big Oil” is going to result in lower gas prices? And doesn’t his plan to steal from the rich to give to the poor sound a little weird to you? He’s got everybody in a tizzy with his promise of free health care for all and thousand dollar rebates or tax cuts or whatever to pay for people’s gas. Free government handouts. Hell yeah, sign me up for some of that free stuff. Would it be considered racist to point out that none of this free stuff Obama’s promising is going to be free?
I know a lot of people consider him a hero for his unwavering and unconditional support of abortion rights. And by now, most of you know my views on abortion so I’m not even going to go there today. How about we talk about his unconditional support of the dirty little secret called “infanticide?” Are you okay with that one? Be honest here. Are you okay with allowing babies who have somehow survived an abortion and have actually been born alive to be tossed in the trash only to die a long drawn out, agonizing death a few hours later? This is progressive? Does thinking this is about as wrong as you can get make me a racist? I don’t think so.
Does it make me a racist because Obama offended the hell out of me by telling the world he’s embarrassed by American’s who don’t speak French? He offended me when he said Americans needed to quit worrying about whether or not immigrants learn to speak English. He told us we just needed to make sure our kids learn Spanish. Does Obama offending me somehow make me a racist. I’m sure some of you will say so.
How about questioning his plan to substantially weaken the American military? Would that be racist? Just wondering, because I’m going to anyway. Quick, tell me what his stand is today concerning Iraq? It keeps changing, doesn’t it? One day he’s ready to pull out “now.” Then we had the 16 month time table. That turned into “depends on the circumstances on the ground.”
I know this is going to turn into a “Bush lied, kids died” thing. But you know what, none of that really matters now, does it? It is what it is. Whether you like it or not, we are at war. That being said, does it makes sense for Obama to tell the world he’d pay for his programs first by not spending $9 billion a month in Iraq.
He said he’s save hundreds of billions by suspending the development of unproven missile defense systems. Maybe he hasn’t heard about Russia being on the move. He once told an audience that Iran, Venezuela, and Cuba were tiny countries compared to the Soviet Union and posed no real threat to America. Hmm, that’s not exactly true now, is it? This might shock some of you, but there’s a pretty good chance Iran's proceeding full speed ahead with their plans to build nukes regardless of what they’re saying. And yes, I am suggesting that even if we’re nice to them, they might actually lie to us about it. Oh yeah, hopefully it was just a slip of the tongue when he referred to the Soviet Union in the first place. You’d hope he realizes the Soviet Union hasn’t really been around for a while.
Russia and China continue to develop new missiles capable of reaching American Cities that carry multiple war-heads. Obama proposes a halt to all new work on nuclear weapon systems. China is working hard to gain a military presence in space. Obama pledges not to pursue weapons in space. This is the guy you want defending us?
I believe an Obama Presidency would leave us weakened and return us to the days of Jimmy Carter‘s America. Remember that? Remember the 444 days Iran slapped us around like the whining little school children we had become. Call me a racist if it makes you feel better. But just for the record, you’d be wrong.
Whether you agree with me or not, free to visit my online blog at www.rm235.blogspot.com to join in on the conversation. I just ask that you keep it clean. Or you can e-mail me at: www.kevinmcginty@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...