Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Simply Brilliant

Hey, how about Obama’s pick for VP, Senator Joe Biden. Obama’s supporters immediately hailed this decision as nothing short of sheer brilliance. Yeah, I agree it was probably as good choice as he could have made. But come on now, you know as well as I do, the scripts had already been written and they were just waiting for a name to put in the blank. Hell, he could have picked Mickey Mouse and the die-hard supporters would still say it was brilliant, if not visionary. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating but come on, some of you act like Obama’s bigger than the second coming of Christ or whatever. I worry about what’s going to happen when you finally start to realize he’s just another politician who’s made way more promises than any he can ever keep. Oh well, I guess we’ll see how that all works out.
Real quick, I want tell you about an e-mail I received last week from a guy named Harry who was responding to last week’s column. Harry said for the most part he agreed with my views concerning Barrack Obama but was quick to point out that I had failed to mention that the next president would likely be appointing the next two, possibly three, Supreme Court Justices. Excellent point Harry. And for me, that point was driven home Wednesday morning when it was brought up on The Jim Cates Show that Hillary Clinton was possibly being considered for the job. Wow! Never, ever, in my wildest dreams, did I see that coming.
I know it’s a long shot, but let’s say maybe you still haven’t made up your mind about this guy. Before you cast your vote this November, ask yourself if this is really the America you want. If it is, knock yourself out. Just remember though, Harry and I are going to cancel out at least two of your Obama votes and we’re bringing lots of friends.
Then we have our very own Congresswoman, Nancy Boyda. A Democrat. I know, me being a Republican and all, I’m supposed to hate her. But to tell you the truth, I have a lot of respect for her as a person as well as the way handles herself on the job. Now don’t get me wrong here. I disagree with a lot of her policies. I disagree with her on her support of the minimum wage issue. I doubt we’ll ever see eye to eye on the issue of the so called, “fairness doctrine.” I see that for what it is. An attempt to shut down conservative talk radio. She says no. Whatever. And I strongly disagreed with her “old” energy policies.
I say “old” policies because if I remember right, she’s voted against expanding off-shore drilling every chance she’s had. You know, she voted against it before she voted for it, or something like that. Then again, maybe I’m off base here. It just seems to me, the Democrats finally realized this was a fight they couldn’t win. Now we have Nancy Boyda acting like she invented “off-shore drilling.” She wants to “drill, drill, drill.” She wants to invest in alternative energy sources like wind and solar. In the last commercial I saw her doing, she even said she wants to expand nuclear power as well. Way to go Nancy. So what?
Here’s what I think Nancy. If you and your Democratic Party want the energy issue as your own. Take it. And if you have a plan that will make America energy independent, go for it. But if you’re just feeding us another line of crap to win an election, then go do something else. We’ve been lied to by both parties since at least the 70’s and frankly Mrs. Boyda, we’re sick of it. Other than that, I think you’re doing an okay job.
For the record though, I fully intend to support Lynn Jenkins in this race. But that’s just me being a die-hard Republican. That’s not going to be good enough for a lot of people. Lynn, you’ve got a hell of a tough fight going on here and so far, your opponent’s the only one showing up.
Want to join in on the conversation? Visit Room 235 online at: www.rm235.blogspot.com or you can contact Kevin McGinty by e-mail at: kevinmcginty@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...