Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No, I won't Turn The Other Cheek. Not This Time...

The Imam who wants to build his Mosque at the site of the worst terrorist attacks the world has ever seen says it’s to build bridges and bring people together. Well, bud, you’re not exactly getting off to a very good start, now are you?

Here’s the deal. American’s, well, most of us anyway, don’t like being pushed around. And this is just one more thing being shoved down our throats since Obama has been president, and to tell you the truth, we’re sick and tired of it.

It pains me say this, but I did agree with Obama’s first statements when he spoke about Freedom of Religion and about how because of the rights guaranteed in our Constitution, Muslims have just as much right to practice their Religion as the see fit as anybody else. I get that.

But why all the sudden interest in the Constitution? I thought for, Obama, all you democrats, progressives, liberals, and left-wing loons out there, the Constitution was just an out-dated document that has no real meaning in today‘s world. It’s funny but you guys can look at this out-dated document and tell us it means we have no right to say a prayer or recite the pledge of allegiance in our public schools anymore. You can see where it forbids any public display of The Ten Commandments. You can quickly point out where it says we’re not allowed to put up a simple Nativity Scene in a City Park. You use it to remove crosses on hilltops that have been around for fifty or sixty years, bothering no one. You demand we remove any and all crosses from the tombstones of our fallen heroes in Arlington Cemetery. And that list could go on forever and you know it. But now, all the sudden, the exact same document used to stifle any mention any mention of Christianity in public is now being used as a tool to force this Mosque upon us.

Besides, I thought you guys were passionate about the whole “Separation of Church and State” thing. If that’s the case, then why the hell is, The President of The United States even commenting on a religious issue in the first place? I don’t believe speaking on religious issues is part of his job description.

How about this. How about instead of using our Constitution and laws against us to get his way. How about the Imam realize his actions are going to cause a lot of people a lot of pain just by bringing the whole 9-11 thing up again and build his Mosque either at another time or another place? Why can’t he be the understanding and tolerant one for a change?

I promised myself I’d never forget the images I saw and the emotions I felt on the day Muslim Extremists attacked my country and killed 3,000 innocent people who had nothing to do with any of it. It‘s a promise I‘ve kept. I haven’t forgotten and I’m not ready to forgive either. If that makes me a bad person, so be it…

Kevin McGinty

2 comments:

  1. Fred, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to post this on my CJ blog. Like always, you bring up an exellent point. But.

    It also brings up a question begging for an answer. Why not? I think it will be interesting to hear how some will deny it. Some will agree with you and offer up an explaination. And still, other's will simply mock your comments and call you a bigot. LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...