Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Solutions

And seemingly out of nowhere. Bam! Barack Obama takes a shot right between the eyes. Three words was all it took. “God Damn America!” No, they weren’t his words. They were the words of his Pastor. A man he’s described as his spiritual leader and mentor. A man he’s been associated with for twenty or so years and describes him as being more like an uncle. He married Obama and his wife. He baptized their children. So I think it’s safe to say he’s close to the man.
I know I’m not telling you anything you haven’t already heard. But come on, you have to admit it’s a little hard to believe Obama had never heard of his Pastor’s racially charged, anti- American sermons? I doubt we’ll have to wait very long before someone comes forward proving this to be a little less than accurate. What will the Obama supporters do then? Will they rally around their man claiming he’s being unfairly attacked? Or will they be forced to admit their man is just another politician playing on their fears to win an election?
Yeah, it’s sucked to be a Republican the last few years. But I gotta tell you Democrats, you guys are in trouble and you know it. Michigan and Florida want a re-do. The race is so close there’s no way you’re going to be able to call a clear winner. Welcome to the elite world of the “Super Delegates.” What is it, 800 people who’ll decide for you? I can’t imagine how you’ll pull it off without causing a major split in you party. Good luck with that.
Hey, last week Kurt Eskilson suggested I’d be of more use if I addressed original topics with a solutions-based approach. Kurt I’m not sure what you’d consider an original topic. For the most part, I’m going to talk about what’s on my mind that particular week. It might be politics. It might be abortion. I might bring up global warming from time to time. Hell, I might even tell you a story about my grandkids, you never know. But whatever I do end up writing about is going to come from a “social conservative point of view.” If you read my column, that’s what you’re going to get.
And Kurt, since you brought it up, I’ve decided to throw out a few solutions to some of the issues I’ve written about. We could make a huge dent of the problem of child rape simply by sentencing anyone convicted of raping a child to life in prison the first time.
How about this idea to combat the problem of abortion. How about “choosing” to use some kind of birth control? And you studs out there, how about using a condom? What makes you think it’s okay to just knock some girl up and you go on your merry way. What’s she supposed to do? Do you even care that the child you created will more than likely to end up being the victim of an abortion. Let’s say the girl does decide to have your baby. Doesn’t it bother you that you’ve created another kid that’s going to grow up without a dad?
How about resolving the fight with George Tiller by blocking all identifying information and opening the medical records they’re fighting so hard to keep secret. This would settle things once and for all. If everything is on the up and up like they say, why not prove it?
I’m sure the solutions I’ve thrown out there today will be dismissed as the rantings of a right-wing, hate-filled, whackjob because they would require people to do the right thing, you know, just being a decent person. But why would we want to do that when we can just do anything we want and blame it on someone else?
Kurt, I’m sure this isn’t exactly what you had in mind. Sorry man, I tried. Happy Spring everyone.
Kevin McGinty can be reached at:kevinmcginty@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...