Sunday, March 26, 2023

Electric Vehicles and Self-Driving Vehicles

Nothing new on the Washington DC front... they're still after Donald Trump.  

Handsome Hubby n' me went to a car show yesterday that was over at The Pad on N. Topeka Blvd.  It was nice to see the classics, the hot rods, there was one rat rod there and yes, there was one 100% totally electric Ford F150 truck.  Just me, but I feel that new truck was out of place over at the car show.  It had it's hood up and all I saw was an empty cavity where the engine should be.  Now I'm not knocking Ford or any other brand of vehicle... however, I'm not a fan of these 100% electric vehicles.  Also, I am not a fan of these vehicles that can drive themselves - I'll get to my reason for that after my rant on 100% electric vehicles.

Electric vehicles need to be plugged in.  Is your house able to support the drain it would take to charge your vehicle at home?  Are you prepared to be paying higher electric bills to run your appliances, heating and cooling, etc., at home with having to charge this vehicle along with running everything? That's something to think about.  If this thing takes hold, will we be able to live comfortably in our own homes?

Ok, onto the self-driving vehicles.  Those are totally creepy! Think about this.  They're run on computer.  No computer is immune from being hacked! Not trying to sound apocalyptic here but imagine if you will... you and your family on a nice drive to whatever your destination is... someone hacks into your self-driving vehicle and you have zero control! What do you do? Sounds like a nightmare. 

I'd rather stay with my gasoline fueled vehicle!


7 comments:

  1. My Son-in-law got a Tesla a couple years ago. I've ridden in it a bunch of times. It's very cool from a technological standpoint. And for an LA hipster it's just the thing. And you see them everywhere in LA. I went with him to charge it a couple times at the Tesla charging stations and they were line up to charge their Teslas there. That being said, I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.
    His original plan was to install a level two charging outlet at his house. He even got the hardware. Then he found out when the electrician came to check it out that his panel wouldn't support it. So, upgraded panel plus running the wiring cost a few thousand that they just didn't have extra after spending a fortune on remodeling a garage into a living space, redoing the pool and yard and building a new ipe deck. This generation has a tendency to jump without really thinking things through. So he just plugs it in to a regular outlet and gets a partial charge in 12 hours.
    They drove up to Norther CA to see his folks a Christmas ago, and it snowed and shut down the Grapevine which is the primary route home. So they had to detour along with a few thousand other travelers and got gridlocked by Tehachapi. The found a back road around and got to a big shopping center by Bakersfield that had a charging station just before they ran out of juice. It was close.
    So I don't think the electric cars are too practical. They are hugely expensive and upkeep is not cheap. I'll never own one.
    As for self driving...agree completely with Rikki. Makes me nervous to know those people are out there letting a car drive itself on the crazy California freeways. And they are.
    And if a computer can control your car, the government can control your car. They can lock you out, or worse lock you in, stop your car and do whatever they want to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In agreement with you Safe. Also, I found this news article - though it was published in 2020...it's still very pertinent to read.


      https://www.wagmtv.com/2020/11/06/the-hidden-dangers-of-electric-and-hybrid-cars/

      Never realized about the hidden dangers of these hybrid batteries.

      Delete
    2. found another tidbit of info about the hazards of electric vehicles...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaoqWcHsE_g


      Delete
  2. Well I dont have much to add and I am so fed up with this country and our so called leaders, that if I post any thing I might pee myself off so bad that I would want to shoot my PC. Next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray for this country, and for your fellow Christians. We are in for some serious shit.
    A woman who thinks she is a man is so filled with hatred and rage that she goes into a Christian school and murders six people. Three of them being young children. And the White House press secretary stands at the podium and says the White House sympathies are now with the "trans" community because they are under attack.
    That might as well have been Satan himself speaking, instead of one of his mouthpieces. That is the most demonic, threatening, hateful thing anyone could have said. It is also a look into what lies ahead.
    If we aren't living in the last days before Christ's return, then the tribulation must have started because the signs are there. Pray. Pray for your family. Pray for the lost. This country likely is finished. We're too far gone to save now. The only hope any of us have now is Jesus Christ.
    God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still processing my thoughts and feelings about what the Democrats are doing. So I edited the new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...