Thursday, September 28, 2023

Introducing the charter members of our little club...

 I suppose if I'm going to be talking about this little fishing club of ours I probably ought to start off by introducing you to our charter members.

I'll go ahead and start with the youngest and work my way up from there.

At 4-years-old, Jack aka Jack Attack is possibly the rowdiest of the bunch. He's a ball of fire and depending on where we're going he's usually the first one to the river of creek bank. He does have a problem staying focused on the task at hand which is supposed to be the pursuit of those elusive channel cats.


 I put a 1 oz. sinker (no hook yet) on his little fishing pole so he could practice casting it and he's actually getting pretty good at it. He's convinced he's ready for a hook and really wants to bait it himself. I'm not so sure.

It doesn't usually take all that long before he loses interest in casting his line either into the water or getting it tangled up in the bushes and he's ready to go exploring.

There's never a shortage of clam shells which have become his sea shell collection. He gets a kick out of finding an occasional snail shell. But his all time favorite and prized collection has to be the dinosaur bones he's collected along the way.

I always pack a cooler full of sodas, juices, and other assorted what nots but he prefers to chomp on the ice.

Weird kid.

For several reasons I've avoided taking his two older sisters with us, mainly because I wanted to see how Jack was going to handle it. Anyway, I asked him last week if we should take the girls along with us.

He got quiet, then he looked at me and said, "Pop-Pop" I think it'd be okay as long as they wore their life jackets in case the fall in the water.

I could be that our little fishing club will be gaining a couple new members in the coming weeks...

Kevin McGinty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...