Friday, September 29, 2023

Meet Brenden...

 Today I'd like to introduce to what I like to refer to as the goof of the bunch. This kid is quick with some off the wall wise crack regardless of the situation.

Brenden is 14-years-old and has some really big hopes and dreams. Here while back he was talking about applying for a part-time job at McDonalds. Hey, a kid's gotta start somewhere, right?

Anyway, I asked him if he'd ever heard back from them and he told me he had but they said he wasn't qualified for the job. 

Not qualified? But Brenden, McDonald's hires and trains thousands of kids every year. He said he understood that but he had applied for a managers position.

He want's to take advanced math classes in school to help prepare himself for when he goes to work for NASA.

I remember when I was looking for my first can as a kid I was looking for $200 and $300 jewels. Granted, that was a long time ago.

Not Brenden, he's looking at new car ads on his phone. In his way of thinking there's no reason he should buy something somebody else either didn't want or had so many problems with they got rid of it. 

He does have a point but he also completely glosses over the fact that he has zero visible means of actually paying for one.

And that my friends is why I say the kid has big hopes and dreams and also why I refer to him as a goof.


Brenden's a good kid, he's a lot of help out on the river, and a vital part of this little club of ours...

Kevin McGinty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...