Thursday, October 5, 2023

Gathering the Fish Slayers of Northeast Kansas...

 As usual, I'm running a little late.

I still intend on introducing to the 4th member of our little fishing club, Shawn, but I figured I'd better get last Sunday's trip off the table while it's still semi-fresh in my mind.

As usual it all started out fueling up and picking up a couple bags of ice around 5:00 am then I was off to gather up the crew.

You know you have good grandkids if they're willing to get up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning to hang out with you.

Anyway, the trip we left Topeka, headed north to Nebo State Lake just a little east of Holton. Took dirt roads to Valley Falls where we tried a couple spots on the Deleware. South to the Lecompton boat ramp on the Kansas river, then ended up back in town on the Kansas river off of Lower Silver Lake Road.

All the and we only ended up with three fish, a frog, and several minnows the kids caught by hand. And yes, Jack was a little pissed when I wouldn't let him take them home with him.

Sorry Jack.

So, instead of me babbleing on about it I thought maybe I'd just post a few photos I took along the way. 

















I'm going to have to ask you guys to bear with me as I struggle to remember how the whistles and bells on the ol blog work.

I wanted to run the phots side by side.

Well, that didn't happen.

Anyway, that pretty much wraps up another exciting gathering of our exclusive "Fish Slayers of Northeast Kansas" club.

Till next time...

Kevin McGinty


2 comments:

  1. Any day you can catch minnows by hand is a great day. Now if someone can catch the elusive tree fish. CAPOI (If anyone rembers who that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely remember CAPOI, but I gotta be honest here I have no idea what an elusive tree fish is... I miss those days...

    ReplyDelete

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...