Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still Drilling



I left Dubuque and took dirt roads most of the way back to Great Bend and was so glad to come across this rig. As far back as I can remember my dad worked 2 jobs. He worked as a pumper during the day and worked "evening tower" as a roughneck. And yes, I went to work with him on the rigs too.
Tell me, do you remember seeing your first sunrise? I do and it was from from one of these rigs. I was asleep in the dog house and my dad woke me up to show it to me. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. We sat there as the sky started turning blue then the reds and pinks started coming through. I wish I would have thanked him for it while I there was still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...