Saturday, June 8, 2019

Democrats Sad... Again...

Trump Deal with Mexico Likely Ends Catch-and-Release, Defunds Cartels


President Donald Trump has announced an immigration reform deal with the Mexican government which likely will allow border officials to end the catch-and-release of Central American migrants.

Ending catch-and-release is a huge win for Americans and Trump because it means border officials now have a legal alternative to the catch-and-release rules which allow migrants to legally enter the United States if they bring children and claim asylum.
Those catch-and-release rules set by Congress and the courts also allow the migrants to get work permits before their asylum court hearings, which are now backlogged for two or more years.
Instead of catch-and-release, the migrants can be returned to Mexico until their asylum claims can be heard by a judge.
The “joint declaration” was outlined in a State Department message:
… those [migrants] crossing the U.S. Southern Border to seek asylum will be rapidly returned to Mexico where they may await the adjudication of their [US.] asylum claims.
In response, Mexico will authorize the entrance of all of those individuals for humanitarian reasons, in compliance with its international obligations, while they await the adjudication of their asylum claims. Mexico will also offer jobs, healthcare, and education according to its principles.
The United States commits to work to accelerate the adjudication of asylum claims and to conclude removal proceeding as expeditiously as possible.
Both parties also agree that, in the event the measure adopted do not have the expected results, they will take further actions.
Mexico’s agreement to offer jobs and healthcare to the migrants will weaken lawsuits by pro-migration U.S. groups that oppose the deal.
In exchange, the U.S will also work with Mexico to spur regional economic development.
Mexico also promised to step up police enforcement against the cartels’ labor trafficking from Central America into the United States:
Mexico will take unprecedented steps to increase enforcement to curb irregular migration, to include the deployment of its National Guard throughout Mexico, giving priority to its southern border.
The promise of extra enforcement is vague, and far less important to U.S. border security than the return of migrants to Mexico.
However, border officials face the practical problem of processing migrants for return to Mexico at a faster rate than the cartels can bus them up to the border. If the border agencies cannot keep pace with the cartels’ transport networks, they may be forced to release some migrants into the United States.
The compromise deal allows Mexico to dodge the escalating tariffs that Donald Trump promised, and it also means that Mexico does not have to formally declare itself a “safe third country.”
Trump and his deputies wanted Mexico to declare itself a safe third country because that would give U.S. border officials the permanent legal authority to reject migrants who cross through Mexico. But the Mexican government’s agreement to host the migrants before their U.S. court hearings provide similar legal authority to U.S. border agencies,
The deal means that border agencies will not have to release migrants into the United States prior to their asylum hearings.
The end of catch-and-release will likely wreck the cartels’ labor-trafficking business, which depends on migrants getting U.S. jobs to repay their smuggling debts. Few poor people in Honduras, El Salvador, or Guatemala will go into debt with the cartels, or mortgage their farms and homes to the cartels, once they know they will be forced to remain in Mexico prior to their asylum hearings.
The reduction of migration will also help stabilize the Central Americans countries, which is needed before foreign investors build farms or factories in those nations.

I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico. The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended. Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....
....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!

41K people are talking about this
Under current rules, roughly one million Central Americans will walk through the border loopholes created and preserved by courts and Congress, and into Americans’ workplaces, neighborhoods, and schools during the 12 months prior to October.


Over the past 8 months, more than 500,000 Central Americans left the region. Guatemala saw largest absolute numbers but Honduras had the highest migration rate. (Acc to @sarahspalding & my @lawfareblog model, updated thru May for US and April for MX ) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rp8Zhwtul-WUNr3mlI-kO5rnBpFYaQRTf8aFXZ_MflY/edit?usp=sharing 

85 people are talking about this
Politically, a good deal for Trump is a bad deal for Democrats, who have campaigned during the last few days to prevent a deal that would slow the inflow of migrants.

Democrats oppose a deal, in part, because it reduces their bargaining power in the domestic fight against Trump to win amnesty for millions of illegals.
==============================================================
In case you're confuse, Blue, this is what winning looks like.
There's still time to abandon that sinking, rat infested, left-wing ship you've placed all your hopes and dreams on.
Join us on the Trump Train and be on the winning side of history for a change.
The choice is yours to make.
Kevin McGinty

27 comments:

  1. Kevin this is indeed wonderful news. Our President faced a lot of criticism for his threat of tariffs on Mexico - he had to do something to get Mexico to help out with the illegal immigrants.

    Republicans are cheering this victory, and Representative Steve Scalise said this : "“Once again, President Trump has proven those who doubted him wrong by getting Mexico to step up their efforts to help us secure our southern border,” said Rep. Steve Scalise, the No. 2 Republican in the House."

    That quote is on the Washington Times:
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/7/donald-trump-says-mexico-has-reached-deal-border-c/

    President Trump was right to zing Mexico on the illegal immigration issue. President Trump had to do this, to get Mexico to step up to the plate on the illegal immigration issue. This also like you said is bad for the dummycrats becase they are losing thousands upon thousands of illegal voters for the 2020 National Election.

    That sounds good to say.... I'll say it again.....the dummycrats just lost thousands upon thousands of illegal voters for the 2020 election.

    The previous Presidents had no back bone to take on the illegal immigration issue - the previous Presidents were WEAK.


    Great Blog Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to see what the dummycrats have to say, I ventured over to CBS news website.

    Chuck Schumer: "On Friday night, Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer mockingly tweeted it was a "historic night" and "Now that that problem is solved, I'm sure we won't be hearing any more about it in the future.""

    ------
    Wrong again Chuckie - why didn't you idiot dummycrats think of this solution to the illegal immigration problem? All you dummycrats could to is fight against curbing illegal immigrants.

    This new victory in addition to all the other victories for President Trump is going to get him re-elected.

    President Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do..... work for the American people! The dummycrats cannot claim that - they're too busy pushing Russian Collusion, Obstruction, etc., etc., etc......which every dirty trick the dummycrats has conjured up comes back to bite them in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be real proud of your corrupt treasonous political party Blue..... the "do nothing dummycrats" in Washington aren't working for the American people, nope.... they are only self serving themselves trying every thing under the sun to topple a President who IS working for the American people.

    You'll see President Trump win re-election - this is a big (i.e. Huuuuge) victory for President Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarge, I'm going to take advantage of the morning and do some stuff outside.

    The do nothing dems would rather have open borders than to roll their sleeves up and actually find a solution - lazy butts all of them.

    I'll be back in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "So much winning you are going to get tired of winning." President Donald J Trump.

    This man is driving the godless commie left insane. Literally and quite measurably insane. And I'm loving every second of it. As we all are. Poor comrade buttdoctor must just be miserable. He's probably typing up some long winded bullshit explanation of why this is all wrong. Hey buttdoc...save it for someone who cares.

    Anyway, things are progressing here in California. We close on our house up at the lake in a couple of weeks. Then all we have to do is move. I'm having an angiogram next week. Saw a cardiologist and he didn't like what he saw on my EKG. So no exertion or lifting for me. Perfect timing. My wife is having some spinal issues, she had a full spine MRI this week and we're waiting on the results. So how the hell we're going to move is quite an issue.

    Anybody want to help? Beer is on me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Safe, sorry to hear about the health problems you and Mrs. Safe are experiencing. Hoping things get a lot better soon for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Grief Safe I am wearing a back brace as I type, only thing I could do for you is drink your beer.🍻 Stay well both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently, Democrats have not learned yet that Donald Trump isn’t some spineless politician who backs down at the slightest bit of friction.

    They think they can bully him and his family into doing whatever they want.

    They are wrong and they are finding that out now.

    President Trump has had enough of Democrats endless war against his presidency and his policies. He has plenty more cards up his sleeve... MAGA

    ReplyDelete
  9. The do nothing dummycrats meltdown over this latest victory - gee I wished I was a fly on a wall there with Pelosi & Schumer....

    President Trump had to get aggressive with Mexico - for too long wishy washy WEAK presidents of the past let Mexico get by with doing nothing about the illegal immigrants crossing our Southern border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lawn mowing - got the front and side done.... getting a bit too warm out there - the heat zapped my energy currently. Decided the garden area and back yard can wait til later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to try for the first time baking some salmon - looked at some recipes....

    When Rick and I head out later today to the grocery store, I'm going to pick up what I need. Will let y'all know how it turns out.

    Looking forward to trying something that I've never done before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great win for our president, and really for us.

    I'm happy because it pisses the left off. But ultimately this is a win for my kids. And theirs. That's what is most important.

    But, let's continue for sure.
    All the way to 2020 and beyond.

    MAGA 2020!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, Rikki I have a big slab of salmon in the freezer, I never cooked it either, My dad use to make salmon patties and I always like them as a Kid Wife doesn't like Salmon at all. Let me know how you do + or a - ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. salmon came out great, but Rick didn't care for it.

    I made a mixture of buttter, minched garlic, fresh chopped dill, salt and lemon pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice.

    Rick never really cared for fish in general.

    But I think it's got really good flavor and it's so tender & flaky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol I guess that was a + and a -, Not sure what I am going to do, But I got a couple Ideas, will let ya know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Rick... I don't like fish and I especially don't like salmon...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not even crappie, flathead, or walleye? Halibut, tuna, flounder, Talapia...???

    Now, salmon can be quite gamey. Growing up, we only had canned patties. Prefer filets now. I do mine on a soaked cedar plank on the smoker. Prepped with citrus and herbs similar to what Rikki does. I'd like to try one of those Himalaya salt rock slab thingys, but not there yet. Still working on trying to smoke fish like some dude MOTR told me to try. Still adapting it...

    I'll do/try almost all wild game once. I do have limits. No opossum, no vermin(squirrel exception), or bear.

    I like to eat.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol

    before I wrapped up the salmon in foil, I put the marinade on it, had an extra lemon so I sliced the lemon and put the slices on the salmon as a finishing touch before I baked it in the oven. After the salmon was done, I opened the foil wrap to expose the lemon slices and the fish - put the broiler on it for a few minutes to slightly color the lemon and fish.

    It really did taste pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarge, I am not a fan of salmon but if I can find wild salmon I will buy it. I only buy salmon in May-July because I prefer fresh salmon, not frozen. I will let the salmon come to room temp for about 10 to 15 minutes and then salt and pepper the salmon. I will heat a non stick pan or a really good seasoned cast iron skillet and heat the pan over medium high heat until hot. I then add ghee to the pan and heat until melted. I cook the salmon skin side up for 6 to 10 minutes and then flip the fish and cook skin side down for 2 to 4 minutes. I don't like to over cook the fish. You will know it is cooked when it flakes and has a nice brown crust on the outside. It helps if you have a long spatula so you don't break the fish when you turn it. If the fish is a large cut, I would cook it on the grill or oven wrapped in foil or parchment paper and I add onion, yellow squash, lemon pepper and capers to keep it moist. I prefer the skillet method but that is just my preference.

    As far as Mexico is concerned, I wish Mexico would just blow up the cartels with heavy artillery. Wipe them off the face of the earth. But, that won't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I made a mistake! Only cook the salmon 4 to 6 minutes not 10 minutes. But it just depends on how thick the salmon is cut.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol and I settled on Shrimp... That always works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose and Rikki I will keep your idea's on hand, Thanks As for hammer I have a hell of a good smoke fish recipe, I love smoked fish, the hard part is keeping it lite. :)

      Delete
  22. maybe instead of burgers and brats at the summit, smoked fish would be cool

    just kidding - I only said that just for Rick's and Kevin's benefit.... (giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Safe, I am very sorry to hear you and your wife are having medical problems. If I lived closer I would help you move. I pray your medical problems improve.

    Currently, I am somewhat in your neck of the woods. I am in Anaheim. Ca and I am loving the weather! Perfect temp and beautiful clear skies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Man, the president saved all the avacados and hardly any media wants to talk about it. Imagine that.

    MAGA 2020

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hell, you'd have thought that'd get their attention...

    But hey, Monday's blog is up and running...

    ReplyDelete

Solo Expedition...

 I haven't really talked about it much but every other weekend I usually head out by myself. It's usually the day I seek out new fis...